The Institute of Promotional Marketing is the trade body which represents the interests of promoters, agencies and service partners engaged in promotional marketing.
We have some 300 members, drawn from brand owners, marketing agencies and service partners, and our mission is to protect, promote and progress effective promotional marketing across all media channels.
We act as the voice of promotional marketing, working alongside other marketing bodies to ensure that our members’ interests are properly represented in Whitehall, Parliament and in Europe.
Institute representatives also serve on various industry committees, such as the Committee of Advertising Practice, the body which is responsible for writing the rules which underlie the UK’s self-regulatory system for marketing.
What we do
We deliver a range of services:
- Our world-renowned education and training programmes;
- Our Legal Advisory Service, which provides guidance on how to ensure promotions comply with the law and the regulations governing UK marketing;
- Our annual Awards programme, which is also the basis for our highly-regarded Promotional Case Study library.
We also have networking events for the promotional marketing industry, including our regular Chairman’s Dinners, conferences on topics such as mobile marketing or social media, Quiz Nights, bowling, football and netball.
Our brief is:
- To promote promotional marketing and its benefits to organisations and to the regulatory authorities;
- To progress the achievement of excellence in Promotional Marketing by educating all parties in best practice and in the effectiveness and versatility of a wide range of promotional marketing techniques;
- To protect stakeholders' interests in using promotional marketing as part of their sales and marketing activity through the provision of a Legal Advisory Service and also by promoting responsible self-regulation, in line with the CAP Codes (the UK Non-Broadcast Code of Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing and the UK Broadcast Code of Advertising Practice).
Our Mission Statement
To raise the stature of promotional marketing within the marketing industry;
To promote its strengths, both within and outside our membership;
To consolidate the position of the Institute of Promotional Marketing as the pre-eminent voice for promotional marketing in the UK.
To monitor and maintain the highest standards of self-regulation within the promotional marketing industry across the three areas of our membership, brand owner, agency and service partner.