Today’s shoppers are more promiscuous than ever. The recession is putting customer loyalty under sustained pressure. It’s clear that the mobile phone has become the battleground for attention, information, decision-making and long term loyalty. According to eBay, 50 per cent of smartphone owners - over 1 in 4 mobile users in Europe and the US - now check prices in store. 17 per cent of them change their minds about product choice whilst in-store as result of using their smartphone. Mobile has the potential to transform couponing with personalised, time and location sensitive offers.
The aim of the course
This interactive one day course provides a detailed overview of the mobile coupon and promotions market, with practical guidance on developing mobile promotions strategy and execution, and the tools which evaluate feedback.
Mobile allows you to develop highly targeted, time and location sensitive promotions with your customers at all stages of the purchase cycle: consideration, online purchase or point of sale, and post purchase.
This course is intended to be a comprehensive introduction to the subject. During the day you will learn from mobile experts, learn the theory, see practical examples and learn why some won awards, and others fell short of expectations.
Who the course is designed for
The course covers both strategy and tactics and will benefit those responsible for digital strategy and tactical implementation, both brand and agency side, both existing and potential IPM members.
- Existing mobile knowledge, learning objectives
- Assessment of mobile campaigns (good and not so good).
- Key stats and trends on mobile and tablet ownership, SMS messaging, mobile web, Apps, mobile commerce, location based promotions, coupons and QR codes.
- Permission (incl T&Cs, opt-in / out)
- Intro to the role of mobile throughout the customer journey, from awareness building to consideration, trial, purchase and long term loyalty.
Group exercise 1
- Critique of topical mobile promotions, campaigns and services
- Presentations on the core mobile formats: enterprise messaging, mobile web, Apps, mobile advertising, Location Based Services, mCommerce and coupons. Includes demystifying the mobile web v App debate.
Group exercise 2
- Delegates break into groups to develop and present mobile campaigns based on the points raised in the execution session.
- Mobile quiz. Group summarises key learnings and creates crib sheet for future mobile implementation, including useful links to data, legislation, commentary, case studies, award entries.
The course will be delivered by:
Rob Thurner, Mobile Consultant
Richard Pink, Pink Key Consulting and IPM Associate Director of Education
Andy Smith, Client Services Director, Eagle Eye
Caroline van den Bergh, Head of products at Golden Gekko
How to enrol
Click here for an enrolment form
For any further information please call the Commercial Manager - Education Jody Bratley on 020 7291 7742 (email@example.com).
£520 (+VAT) for IPM members
£680 (+VAT) for non-members
The price includes a light buffet lunch.
Places on this course are limited to maintain a good delegate to tutor ration – early booking is therefore recommended.
Terms & Conditions
All course fees are payable prior to the date, or commencement date, of the course. Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge - please simply notify the Institute of any changes. You may change the date of attendance or cancel attendance at a course subject to the following scale of charges:
| 21+ || 0% || 20% |
| 14-21 || 20% || 50% |
| <14 || 30% || 100% |
There are no refunds for a 'failure to attend'.
The Institute reserves the right to cancel a course, change the venue, amend the dates and or the fees and course tutors at any time and without prior notice.