Who can use the service?
The Institute of Promotional Marketing (IPM) Legal Advisory Service (LAS) is available to IPM Members who buy pre-paid usages as part of their membership package (click here for details).
IPM Members not having purchased pre-paid usages can also access the LAS on a one-off basis at a reduced rate of £230 + VAT per enquiry. This gives up to 4 written responses per paid for submission (Please note this only applies to one and the same promotion per submission). Should further responses be required, a charge of £230 + VAT will be charged per additional 4 written responses.
How does it work?
- If you want to have any copy approved or want to discuss a concept/ mechanic/legal issue with the IPM you must first complete a Legal Advisory Service Submission Form
- This Form will have been input into your internal computer system as a template by your organisation's IPM Representative
- Simply type in the required information and print out, or fill out the form by hand
- If you cannot do this, complete the form in type and if you need to add more information, do so on plain continuation paper
- Both the Submission Form and material requiring IPM input should be checked over by a senior member of staff to ensure that it is complete and that the basic Code terms and conditions are covered
- The Form must be signed by an Agency Account Director or Promoter Marketing/Sales Promotion Manager or above
- The Form and material should then be faxed/mailed/biked to the IPM (Please ensure that all copies are legible - enlarge if necessary); e-mail: Morag Duhaney, firstname.lastname@example.org / Fax: 020 7291 7731
- ANY REQUESTS NOT ACCOMPANIED BY A SIGNED SUBMISSION FORM WILL BE RETURNED
- The IPM will review the task with the relevant panel member and fax back the Submission Form with a predicted Response Date, and an IPM Enquiry Number
- Please do not call the IPM to see if they have received your material unless they have not responded within 24 hours
- The IPM will respond to you at the nominated time
- Response will be confirmed by the IPM in writing
- IT IS ABSOLUTELY VITAL TO USE THE IPM ENQUIRY NUMBER ON ALL FURTHER SUBMISSIONS TO THE IPM REGARDING THAT PARTICULAR PROJECT
To contact the Legal Advisory Service, email email@example.com or phone 020 7291 7736.