30 Under 30 Terms & Conditions
| FAQs | Judging Criteria |
These rules form the Terms & Conditions of Entry for IPM 30 Under 30 2018
- To enter, you must be working for a current IPM Member whose Membership is valid in 2018 (or be renewed). The IPM 30 Under 30 2018 is not open to non-Members.
- The IPM 30 Under 30 is free to enter for all current IPM Members.
- You may enter yourself through the Membership of your organisation and you must be seconded by a minimum of one other person, either in your organisation or someone who works for another IPM Member organisation.
- You may enter a candidate on their behalf, supporting the entry with a minimum of one other person either in your organisation or someone who works for another IPM Member organisation.
- IPM Membership is formed of Brands/Brand Owners, Agencies and Service Agencies. You can be working in any function within any of these organisation types within Membership.
- This IPM 30 Under 30 scheme is only open to entrants under the age of 30 years old. You must be under the age of 30 at the time of entry and before the closing date. If your 30th birthday falls before the closing date for submissions, you should not apply. This condition of entry will not be changed and cannot be challenged.
- Only one entry person. Multiple entries for the same person will be removed without prior consultation.
- The IPM is an equal opportunities organisation and you will not be discriminated on the grounds of race, colour, ability, sexual orientation or nationality. All entries will be judged equally.
- Opening and closing dates for submissions: Submissions for 30 under 30 are open from Tuesday 26th September 2017 and will close on 23:59 on Tuesday 24th
October 2017. Please note that no entries will be accepted after this date. In the event that there are less than 30 entries, the IPM reserves the right to extend this deadline for entries.
- To enter: please log into the IPM website, theipm.org.uk. If you require your log in details, please contact the IPM team immediately. You can enter via the section on the website marked Awards.
- You can start your entry and save it as a ‘draft submission’ and return for editing if you wish. Any draft entry must be completed and the entrant must submit the entry before the closing date (23:59 Tuesday 24th October 2017). Any entries not submitted will not be considered for judging. You will not be able to submit after the closing date.
- In your entry, please complete all the fields indicated, noting the word count specified. Please note that we strongly recommend you check your submission thoroughly before submitting for grammar, spelling and content. Any entry which includes offensive language or content will be immediately disqualified.
- Supporting content: to support your or the nominated person’s entry, you may submit appropriate material on PowerPoint, PDF, links to YouTube or Vimeo or other suitable format. Please note that the maximum file size should not exceed 20MB. If you experience any difficulty or require advice, please contact the IPM team well before the closing date.
- IPM 30 Under 30 Programme: consists of a year long programme of events aimed at helping talent within our industry grow. A minimum commitment to attend 4 meetings during 2018 is required. IPM qualifications will be offered (Legal Code Certification) as a minimum, free of charge for all those in the 30 Under 30 Programme. Please see schedule of planned events on the IPM website. Please note this is subject to change.
- Notification of successful entry to the IPM 30 Under 30 Programme: all candidates will be contacted during November and invited to an event during December (date will be confirmed) to be officially accepted into the Programme, which starts in January 2018 and runs for 12 months. Results will be published on the IPM website no later than 7th December 2017.
- At the end of the Programme: duration of the programme is for 12 consecutive months. During September 2018, call for submissions for IPM 30 Under 30 2019 will commence. 2018 30 Under 30 candidates may not reapply to this scheme.
- Exceptional circumstances: In order to activate the place on the IPM 30 Under 30 Programme, candidates selected by the Judges and Chair must accept their place. If they chose not to accept, the Judges reserve the right to replace from the pool of candidates already Judged but this is not guaranteed.
- Circumstances affecting an employee in the Programme: if during 2018, any selected (and accepted onto the Programme) candidate leaves the employ of an IPM Member company, the new employer, must be consulted and give permission for the candidate to attend for the duration of the Programme, on the basis that the new employer is also an IPM Member. Should the new employer not be an IPM Member, it is at the IPM’s discretion that the employee be allowed to continue. If a candidate leaves the program voluntarily, the employer concerned will be informed by the IPM. Please note that the employer cannot replace the employee on the Programme with another employee. The IPM reserves the right to disqualify and remove any candidate from the programme should any aspect of their behaviour cause concern, distress. If a candidate is dismissed from employment for any reason including gross misconduct, they will be immediately removed from the Programme.
- All entries will remain the property of the The Institute of Promotional
Marketing Ltd, 4th Floor Holborn Hall, 193-197 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7BD,
and we may wish to use information in them in PR activity, cases studies or educational
content. Please make sure information that is for the judges’ eyes only is
clearly marked as such in your submissions.
- Judging: a panel of IPM Members and independent professionals will be selected by the IPM to judge the submissions which will include a Chair. Each judge receives electronic copies of the entry and submission forms. The judges will study and mark these entries and place them in an order of preference following the guidelines given to them. The judging criteria and weightings given to these criteria will vary according to each question and this is published for guidance with the entry criteria.
- The Judges role is to select up to 30 suitable candidates for the IPM 30 Under 30 2018 Programme from the entries submitted. Should less than 30 candidates not meet this criteria, this is all that will be taken forward for the programme. The Chair will adjudicate and guide Judges where appropriate. The IPM’s Managing Director will oversee the process with the Chair.
- Moderation and vetting: All the judging is moderated to ensure fairness and equality between panels. All possible steps are taken to avoid judges in panels where they have a vested interest. However where a vested interest is unavoidable a judge will not mark, score or comment on that entry during the process and the entry will not be penalised as a result. The Judges’ decision is final on all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Details of all those accepted into the Programme will be posted on the IPM website in December 2017.
- Promoter: The Institute of Promotional Marketing Ltd, 4th Floor Holborn Hall, 193-197 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7BD. Please contact us if you wish to discuss any aspect of the Programme and affiliated Awards schemes.
| FAQs | Judging Criteria |