Commercial and Negotiation Strategy Skills Workshop
Date: Wednesday 7 February 2018 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Negotiation is a fundamental life skill, we negotiate everyday but often under estimate our own ability to get what we really want and leave value on the table or give away too much. Additionally, knowing the numbers and being able to apply this knowledge to your negotiation planning is essential in today's competitive agency landscape. This rings true for knowing how your strategy will drive business performance and value for both yourself and your clients too.
The skills acquired in this workshop will give you the confidence to get more of what you want and to help you be a more skilled and effective negotiator through a greater understanding of the key principles, phases and language ensuring a win-win all round.
Who's the course for?
Attendees can come from a diverse range of roles within Agencies, including Account Management, Finance and Creative teams. This workshop is more suited to mid-level manager or those into newly promoted roles who need to negotiate with suppliers, customers, for budgets, for resources or with internal senior business stakeholders.
The workshop is centered around the Top 5 negotiation skills we need to master to be a more effective negotiator and how each can be used to improve the performance of your agency, including;
- Negotiation styles
- Key phases of negotiation
- The power of presenting choices
- The planning process and building trust
- Agency finance - Understanding pricing and the P&L
- Understanding procurement and how to build a smarter working relationship with them
How is the workshop run?
The workshop is highly interactive, facilitated by the best case studies from a world leading academic institution with group discussion to ensure a relevant, real world focus to help apply learning and build practical skills.
You will leave the workshop;
- Understanding your own negotiation style and with the ability to diagnosee those of others
- With a structure and process for understanding and planning your negotiations
- Having practiced how to apply different behaviours in negotiation
- Understanding the power of questions, framing and controlled management of information
- More confidence in the negotiation process
- Understanding how your agency makes money
- How to identify new sources of value for your clients
Questions or Queries? Please contact the Education Team on 020 3848 0444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: IPA, 44 Belgrave Square, London, SW1X 8QS