Understanding Audiences & Channels
Date: Tuesday 1 January 2019 at 9:00 AM to Tuesday 31 December 2019 at 5:00 PM
In response to a current need for candidates to learn and qualify quickly and efficiently in specific disciplines, the IPM have started introducing IPM Education Awards. The individual IPM Education Awards form parts of our overall qualifications, so, over an extended period of time you could build up your portfolio of IPM Education Awards and gain an IPM Qualification.
Candidates can enrol onto an Education Award at any time, but please note that where an Education Award is assessed by a written assignment, results will not be immediate.
Aim of the Education Award
This unit is designed to help you to understand the most important person in marketing - the customer. In these modules we will look at how marketers get to know their customers (and other important stakeholders), what that can lead to in terms of the generation of compelling consumer insights, and how that affects the choice of communication channel or media.
Once you have completed this unit you will have an understanding of;
- The importance for marketers of having a clearly defined target audience
- How that understanding then helps with the choice of communication channel
- The other factors that influence that choice
Education Award Overview
Choosing the most appropriate communication channel for our marketing communication involves understanding:
- The brand and its target audience - including the lifestyle behaviour of that audience both on and off line
- Channel availability and relevance - with an approach that does not automatically ask 'what media can I buy?' but rather 'where and how would it be most appropriate to communicate to the audience bearing in mind that a response is crucial to the activity.'
- The objectives - what the business need is and what it is that the audience are required to do
- The nature of the message and offer
- The budget available
Education Award Content
This unit comprises of;
Module 1 - Understanding Target Audiences
Module 2 - Understanding Channels
Module 3 - Other Factors Influencing Choice of Communication Channel
Education Award Format
Candidates will be given access to our online learning portal where they will find their study notes, case studies and an assessment to be completed to pass the course. Candidates have 8 weeks to complete the course upon starting.
The content will be supported by an online webinar.
Questions or Queries? Please call the Learning Team on 020 3848 0444 or email email@example.com
||£ 350.00 +VAT
||£ 495.00 +VAT
|If you are a member, you aren't logged in. Login
to take advantage of Member's Rate.