Date: Tuesday 13 June 2017 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Pitching is a fundamental approach to winning something - whether it is a piece of new business, a new client contract, a tender, a plan or a proposal. It gives both parties in the process the opportunity to be clear about what is required and then to see how well the needs are interpreted and dealt with. There is an art and a science to pitching and the most successful pitches combine both.
The aim of the workshop
This workshop is designed for those individuals involved in pitching to challenge themselves to prepare better, perform better, and deliver outstanding pitches to achieve greater success.
Built on the learning from a recent survey which gathered feedback from brand leaders and marketers the workshop specifically focuses on what the 'customers' want from a pitch providing attendees with real 'insider' information.
Delivered by experts who have experienced pitching from both sides of the fence and who have worked across pharma, FMCG, procurement and advertising agencies this workshop provides a real world and pragmatic view of what is required to deliver a high quality and successful pitch.
Who is the workshop designed for?
This workshop is designed for those in agencies up to Senior Account Manager level or those supporting their agency who;
- Are involved in 'pitching situations, whether it is to win budget for a project, get a strategic/tactical plan agreed, win new business or tenders, or even gain agreement for a proposal.
- Want to understand how to put a great pitch together.
- Want to take their pitching performance to a higher level and be more successful.
- Navigating and interpreting the brief or invitation to pitch
- Asking the right questions and gathering essential information before preparing the pitch
- How to make a great first impression including the importance of chemistry
- The importance of all parties of assigning clear roles and responsibilities during the pitch
- The importance of the first 30 minutes
- Working out who the decision makers are
- Getting the message across and being prepared for a conversation
- Dealing with a challenging audience
- Awareness of body language and communication styles
- Following up
- Adding extra value
The workshop is highly interactive with group work and discussion. Elements of behavioural science are also incorporated to enable participants to become more aware of themselves and of others during a pitching situation. Case studies are also included with examples of great and not so great pitches.
What are the learning outcomes?
Attendees will leave the workshop:
- Equipped to prepare fully for a pitching opportunity.
- Able to perform at a high level during a pitch.
- Appreciating the needs of their audience in the pitch.
- Understanding communication styles and body language to help them navigate their way through the pitch.
- Understanding why some pitches succeed and some fail.
- With ideas to add value to a pitch in the follow up period.
Questions or Queries? Please call the Education Team on 020 3848 0444 or email email@example.com
Location: The IPA, Belgrave Square, London
||£ 200.00 +VAT
||£ 260.00 +VAT
|If you are a member, you aren't logged in. Login
to take advantage of Member's Rate.