SMARKETS Ts AND Cs SOCIAL HAYDOCK PARK
Introduction: These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Smarkets. 7th floor, 1 Commodity Quay, St Katharine Docks, London E1W 1AZ1.
Eligibility: This promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, its subsidiaries, other group companies, its agents, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
2. Social media: Internet access required and entrants must have an active Twitter account. If you do not have an account you will need to create one in order to participate – you will require an active email address in order to do this.
3. One entry per person, regardless of the number of posts, tweets or Instagram posts made during the Promotional Period. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details including but not limited to creating multiple Twitter or Instagram accounts will be disqualified from this promotion. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is reposting the same content multiple times or using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
4. Promotional Period: The promotion will run from 12:00 17/07/18 to 12:00 20/07/18 GMT+1 (BST).
5. How to Enter
6. Social media: To enter, the entrant must complete the following steps
7. 1. visit the Smarkets Twitter page at www.twitter.com/smarkets
8. 2. sign into their twitter account (if they do not have a Twitter account, create one for free by visiting https://twitter.com/signup
9. 3. Retweet any Smarkets tweets entitled "Win tickets to the racing this Saturday 21st July at @haydockraces..."
10. 4. Follow @Smarkets and retweet any one of the “Win tickets to the racing this Saturday 21st July at @haydockraces...” Tweets
11. The Promoter monitors responses to this Promotion and if any responses or any previous posts made by an entrant are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram community or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the Promotion. As someone who enters the promotion, your use on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram is subject to the relevant platform’s terms and conditions.
12. Participants’ entries will be deemed invalid if any post -
13. - contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
14. - includes the names of any individual without their express permission; or
15. - in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, cause any widespread or serious offense (taking into account prevailing community views or standards)
16. - contains content deemed socially irresponsible or likely to breach the CAP Code.
17. One (1) entry per person. No bulk or 3rd party entries accepted. Anyone entering more than once using multiple handsets, multiple identities or computerised (automated) system will be disqualified from the promotion.
18. General: Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
19. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
20. Prizes: 3 pairs of x2 County tickets to Haydock Park racecourse on 21/07/18 for the Smarkets race day. Transport is not included.
21. No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value.
22. Winners Selection
23. Prize draw: All eligible entries will be entered into the prize draw. The winners will be selected via a randomised computer process on 20/07/18
24. Winner Notification
25. Prize draw/competition: Winners will be contacted by private message (PM) via Twitter which they entered within 24 hours of the closing date and will have 24 hours to confirm details (name, email address, postal address and age) in order to claim prize. In the case that they do not respond in time another winner will be selected using the same methodology as above. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their connections during this time in case they are the winner.
26. The prize tickets will be available for pick up from the box office on raceday.
27. Publicity/name release: The winner agrees to take part in publicity in connection with this promotion.
28. The prize winners’ full names and counties will be posted online at www.winners-list.co.uk within three months of the Closing Date.
29. Verification: The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
30. Social Media disclaimers: Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of Twitter. The Promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to these websites.
31. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. By entering the promotion, all participants accept that they have no claim against Twitter. By entering the promotion, all participants agree to a complete liability release for Twitter.
32. Tax liability (trade only): Any tax liability arising from receipt of the prize will be the responsibility of the recipient.
33. Liability: If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries/claims. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
34. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize/gift, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
35. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
36. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
37. Data protection: The Promoter will only use the personal details supplied for the administration of the promotion and for no other purpose, unless we have your consent. Your personal details will at all times be kept confidential and in accordance with current Data Protection legislation. You can request access to your personal data, or have any inaccuracies rectified, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to the use of your personal data as described here.
Short Terms: UK 18+. Opens 17/07/18, closes 12:00 20/07/18. To enter, follow @Smarkets on Twitter, and retweet our post "Win tickets to the racing this Saturday 21st July at @haydockraces..." Prizes: Win one of 3 pairs of tickets to Haydock Park racecourse on 21st July 2018. Full terms: www.theipm.org.uk/legal-services/Smarkets-Competitions.aspx