Thorntons Chocolate Giveaway Competition
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information. Promoter: Thorntons Limited, 889 Greenford Road, Greenford, UB6 0HE
1. Entry is open only to GB (including CI and IOM) residents aged 16 and over. Directors, management and employees and their immediate families of the Promoter or the agencies or companies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
2. Internet access is required and you must have a Twitter or Facebook account to enter.
3. The promotion will begin at 09:00am on Thursday 23rd March 2017and closes at 23:59pm on Saturday 29th April 2017 (“Promotion Period”).
4. To enter: Purchase a personalised Thorntons product from a Thorntons store and take a photograph of it. Photo booths are available in stores but use of them is not required.
5. Like the Thorntons Twitter page (https://twitter.com/thorntonschocs) or like the Thorntons Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Thorntons.Official/) and post the image of your own personalised Thorntons product using the hashtag #PassTheLoveOn and @Thorntons.
6. Only one entry per person across all social media channels, regardless of the number of tweets or posts made during the Promotional Period. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details including but not limited to creating multiple Twitter or Instagram accounts will be disqualified from this promotion.
7. The Promoter monitors responses to this Promotion and if any responses or any previous posts made by an entrant are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram community or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the Promotion. As someone who enters the promotion, your use on Facebook and Twitter is subject to the relevant platform’s terms and conditions.
8. Participants’ entries will be deemed invalid if any post; contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content; includes the names of any individual without their express permission; or in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, cause any widespread or serious offense (taking into account prevailing community views or standards).
9. Prize: There are 35 prizes available to be won, consisting of a Thorntons chocolate bundle worth £60 each. 10. The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries received, after 11:59pm on Saturday 29th April 2017, under independent supervision and will be notified on Twitter or Facebook by 11:59pm on 5th May 2017. The winner will then have 28 days to respond to confirm acceptance of the prize, their name and their delivery address. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within this time, they will forfeit their prize and the Promoter shall select another winner at random from all remaining valid entries
11. The prizes will be delivered by recorded delivery to the winners within 28 days of claiming their prize.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
14. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is reposting the same content multiple times or using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 28 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
16. All winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in reasonable promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their entry, name and images in promotional material. The winners acknowledge that the Promoter may use their entry in any manner with no liability to the winner. Participants warrant that the images contain no copyright materials, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights. Participants also warrant that any person featured has given their express permission and/or any child (under 16 years) has parental or guardian consent.
17. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize (including to any guests), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
18. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation, this also includes the selling of prizes to third parties. In the event for any reason the prize winners do not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winners and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. If for any reason a prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
19. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
20. If a winning entry from a draw is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of the prize will be randomly selected.
21. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of Facebook and Twitter. The Promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to these websites.
23. The full names and counties of the winners may be obtained by writing to TracyLocke social team, 28-31 High Street, Wimbledon Village, London, SW19 5BY up to one month after the Closing Date.
24. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.