Thorntons Chocolate Giveaway - Staff Competition
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information. Promoter: Thorntons Limited, 889 Greenford Road, Greenford, UB6 0HE
1. This promotion is open to Thorntons staff who are GB residents aged 18 or over.
2. The promotion will run from Thursday 23rd March 2017 to 11.59pm Saturday 29th April 2017.
3. To enter staff must send an image of a personalised Thorntons product created by them to [EMAIL] including their name and store.
4. One entry per person over the promotional period.
5. Prize is an experience or product of the winner’s choosing up to the value of £375. Examples include Luxury Afternoon Tea, Champney’s Spa Day or West End Experience. The prize must be decided with the Promoter, and the Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative items if the chosen event or product is unavailable or considered unsuitable.
6. There will be two draws and four winners in total. Entries until 11:59pm on Saturday 25th March 2017 will be placed in the first draw and entries from 12.00am Sunday 26th March till 11:59pm on Saturday 29th April 2017 will be placed in the 2nd draw. Entries will not be rolled over. The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries received under independent supervision.
7. Winners will be notified be email within a week of the closing dates. The winners will then have 28 days to respond to confirm acceptance of the prize, their name and their delivery address. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within this time, they will forfeit their prize and the Promoter shall select another winner at random from all remaining valid entries
8. The prizes will be delivered to the winners within 28 days of the Promoter confirming the prize, where possible dependent on winner’s choice of prize.
9. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
11. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation, this also includes the selling of prizes to third parties. In the event for any reason the prize winners do not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winners and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. If for any reason a prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address, identity and employment details (which they must provide within 28 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
13. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries/claims. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
14. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize/gift, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
15. The full names and counties of the winners may be obtained by writing to TracyLocke social team, 28-31 High Street, Wimbledon Village, London, SW19 5BY up to one month after the Closing Date.
16. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
17. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.