The IPM has access to a Review & Approval service to cover European markets to support Members (and non-Members).
Levels of advice
This service is subject to different charges to the UK Legal Advisory Service (LAS) and quotations are supplied only on request and subject to a brief supplied.
We recognise the levels of enquiry will vary from “what’s possible?” to advice on the execution of agreed campaigns. We have therefore tailored our ERAS to cover:
- Information about permissible activity advice, including local market conditions, market exclusions for certain mechanics or activation to assist in making key brand activation decisions.
- Full service review of all terms and conditions, materials and local market licenses.
Services are quoted per campaign, per market and with full breakdown of local market fees, available on request and will include management charges plus local legal costs. All quotes are based on written briefing or sight of promotional material and terms. No UK complimentary cases or bulk purchases can be used against European legal enquiries.
Services and markets covered
Who provides the advice?
- All European markets.
- Non-European markets can also be advised on – please let us know where your activity is planned for and we’ll let you know.
- We do not advise on USA, Canada or Mexico.
Our ERAS is managed by the IPM’s LAS team who in turn work with specialist lawyers in each market.
Talk to our LAS team at the IPM on 020 3848 0444
or send us an email to Legal@theipm.org.uk
quoting 'European Legal' for more information, or to EuropeanLegal@theipm.org.uk
STAGE 1: SCOPING AND SCHEDULING
- Briefs will only be accepted via the official postbox at EuropeanLegal@theipm.org.uk
- On receipt of a brief, the IPM will respond with the following information within 2 working days where possible;
- When the work can be started.
- An indication of its complexity (dependent of the quantity of markets and the type of promotion/level of legal input).
STAGE 2: QUOTING
- The STAGE 1 response will be valid for 5 working days from date of issue.
On written approval of the STAGE 1 cost, the IPM will provide the SSE within another 48 hours. The SSE will contain the following information;
- Management fee estimated as hours to complete the job x £140/hr (members) or x £200/hr (non-members) plus a bullet point list of deliverables (scope).
- Other 3rd party costs (e.g. in-market legal firms) estimated as hours to complete the job x hourly rate (where possible) plus a bullet point list of deliverables (scope).
- Top line schedule (key timings by week commencing date).
STAGE 3: LEGAL WORK
- The SSE provided in STAGE 2 will be valid for 5 working days from date of issue (the IPM reserves the right to charge for a re-quote if feedback/approval occurs more than 5 working days from the issue of the SSE).
On approval of the STAGE 2 SSE;
- Purchase order sent to the IPM (prior to the work starting).
- IPM to send purchase order(s) to all relevant 3rd parties (e.g. in-market legal firms).
- ERAS team commences legal work committing to regular updates and timings/service level as set out in the SSE.
- Any changes to the agreed cost and schedule/service level to be communicated and costed by the IPM in advance of the changes occurring/being actioned.
- Following a change to the Scope, Schedule or Estimate, the IPM will re-issue the SSE document as a new draft and supply to the client for approval before the additional work takes place (where possible/time allows).
Please note that all advice is based on the briefing received. Some enquiries may take longer than standard UK advice, dependent on the complexity of the request and response from local markets. We strongly advise that you provide as much information as possible at the early stage to enable us to advise you appropriately. All services will be quoted and Purchase Orders required to progress. Please note that this legal service does not fall within UK complimentary or bulk rates for IPM Members. The IPM is a GALA Associate Member.
PITCH PROTECTION SERVICE
At the IPM we recognise the importance of protecting the ideas you intend to present in a new business pitch, and we offer a Pitch Review & Protection Service exclusively to our members to support this effort.
This service incorporates two important areas;
1. Compliance review
2. Proof of provenance
- We’ll review your pitch and inform you of any compliance issues you might face, how you might adjust the idea to make it compliant and which specific regulatory issues should be explained to your client in the pitch.
- Please allow a minimum of 48 hours from supply of the idea to feedback, dependent on the quantity and complexity of the ideas supplied.
- Standard IPM LAS terms apply.
- As an independent third party, we will file and date hard and soft copies of your final pitch ideas – along with any supporting material (briefing materials, rough scamps, compliance advice we provide etc) – to be used as reference in the event of future challenges, issues or disputes with any third parties.
- Please note that we cannot register the copyright of any ideas, just when they were created and by whom.
The cost for this service is one standard IPM Case Charge per pitch, maximum three ideas per pitch (additional ideas can be accommodated at extra cost).
Please note that the service covers both areas listed above and cannot be split.
To use this service, talk to the IPM LAS team on 020 3848 0447 or send us an email at Legal@theipm.org.uk quoting 'Pitch Protection'.
Generation of terms & conditions
- From brief supplied, create set of full terms and conditions
- Up to 4 stages of text review and amends, based on original briefing
- Quote supplied based on promotion
- Members can redeem 1 Complimentary review (to the value of £350 plus VAT, where applicable) per year against the cost of generating a set of terms and conditions, paying the difference
- Pre-purchased cases are not applicable for redemption
Members: From £750 plus VAT
Non-Members: From £950 plus VAT
Independent prize promotion management
- Winner Selection for Prize Draws
- Winning Moments generation
- Publishing Winners Lists and hosting Terms & Conditions (previously approved or generated by the IPM) (IPM Members: Free / IPM Non-Members: £200 plus VAT)
- Quote supplied based on promotion
From £250 plus VAT
From £400 plus VAT
For IPM Members only, pre-purchased Prize Draws are available*:
5 Prize Draws
- £1,125 plus VAT = £225 plus VAT each
10 Prize Draws
- £2,000 plus VAT = £200 plus VAT each
*Pre-purchased Prize Draws are valid for 12 consecutive months from the date of purchase and cannot be used if a Member changes status and become a Non-Member. All charges are subject to VAT at the current rate.
- Judging supplied on hourly rate (plus VAT)
- Quote supplied based on promotion
£200 plus VAT per hour + administration
£300 plus VAT per hour + administration
Legal Code Certification (LCC)
Aimed at employees within agencies, brands and service provider organisations that create and deliver campaigns, the IPM's Legal Code Certification (LCC) ensure that everyone is fully aware of the legal requirements and advertising codes that underpin the work you do. With text prepared by Lewis Silkin and the IPM Legal and Learning teams, the course provides up to the minute e-learning centred on the CAP Code.
The cost for IPM Members is £350 + VAT per candidate. If you have a Standard Membership, you can redeem your 2 complimentary cases for 1 LCC place. If you are not an IPM Member, you can access the course for £495 + VAT per candidate.
For larger groups of 5 or more candidates please contact us on 020 3848 0444. This option is currently only available to IPM Members.