Next Intake Start Date: 26th September 2019
Tutors: Abby Dixon, Nic Sanders, Jill Lorimer and more.
The IPM Diploma syllabus has recently been fully updated by industry experts to ensure we continue to be the leading provider of quality qualifications in Brand Activation specialisms such as Shopper, Experiential and Partnership Marketing. #ProudToBeIPMQualified
The IPM Diploma is considered by the industry itself to be the best possible grounding for those responsible for running brand activations of any sort.
Candidates will complete a series of three units, each with their own assignment and the IPM's Legal Code Certification (LCC) over a nine month period. The qualification has three regular submission points to ensure you're staying on top of your learning, giving you the opportunity to receive feedback along the way to learn and improve for future unit submissions.
*For candidates based outside the UK, or those looking to run international campaigns, the IPM also offers an International IPM Diploma. Please contact us directly for more details of this particular qualification.
The IPM Diploma provides you with a thorough and robust understanding of all things Promotional Marketing and the specialisms within. It's a qualification that we're proud to say is industry recognised.
It is the aim of the Diploma to increase standards of professionalism in the industry and provide a benchmark for employers.
The IPM Diploma will give you the knowledge necessary to:
Who’s it for?
- Appreciate the role of Promotions in Integrated Marketing Communications
- Ensure you are approaching briefs with the right strategy
- Plan, instigate and manage effective Promotional Marketing concepts with confidence.
- Effectively brief and co-ordinate the various elements and suppliers involved in Promotional Marketing campaigns.
- Understand the importance of Account Management and Negotiation Skills and how to utilise these to get the absolute best out of the work you do.
The IPM Diploma is designed for agency and brand personnel involved in devising, developing and running activation campaigns.
You should have at least two years’ experience in the industry.
Unit 1 - Day 1 Training
Unit 1 - Day 2 Training
Unit 1 Assignment Deadline
Unit 2 - Day 1 Training
Unit 2 - Day 2 Training
Unit 1 Feedback
Unit 2 Assignment Deadline
Unit 3 - Training Day
Unit 2 Feedback
Unit 3 Assignment Deadline
26th September 2019
17th October 2019
18th October 2019
12th December 2019
17th December 2019
18th December 2019
13th February 2020
12th March 2020
2nd April 2020
7th May 2020
4th June 2020
30th August 2020
*Dates highlighted in blue are Training Days; you'll need to be available to attend a series of lectures and workshops on these days. The sessions will take place in Central London.
The IPM Diploma is now split into three core units, each unit has a number of modules. Please see breakdown below.
Candidates complete an assignment for each unit as well as the IPM Legal Code Certification (LCC).
The Role of Promotions within Marketing Strategy
- Understanding Integrated Campaign Planning
- Strategic Thinking & Evaluation to Deliver Commercial Goals
- Understanding Objectives
- Understanding the Consumer using Insight
- Understanding Audiences, Their Buying Behaviour & Channels
Activation Techniques, Campaign Implementation & Compliance Considerations
- • Brand Activation Techniques
- Digital Channels & Mechanics
- Experiential Marketing
- Shopper Marketing
- Partnership Marketing
- Legal Code Certification (LCC)
Account Management, Creativity & Responding to a Client Set Brief
- Account Management
- Creativity – Importance Of and Evaluation
- Operational & Risk Management
- Understanding a Brief and How to Respond
As well as all your course notes you'll have the following included in your studies for the IPM Diploma;
To book a course, or if you have any questions or queries, please contact the Learning Team on 020 3848 0444 or at Training@theipm.org.uk
- An increase in face-to-face days: We now have five supporting days full of lectures and workshops with industry experts to ensure you've really got a grasp of the content and that you'll be ready to complete your assignments with confidence. These will take place in Central London.
- Support from the IPM: We have a pool of industry expert tutors, markers and mentors who are here to give you a hand during your studies. This of course is not forgetting the IPM Education Team who'll be your first point of contact for any queries you have.
- Exclusive case studies: As well as all your course notes, you'll have access to exclusive IPM Award winning case studies to help you visualise your learnings with the use of real-life examples.
- Online Learning: All your course materials are fully accessible online through our exclusive e-learning platform.
Enrolment - Member Price - £1,250.00 + VAT
Register your interest
Enrolment - Non-Member Price - £1,750.00 + VAT