Next Intake Start Date: 22/23 October 2020
Tutors: Abby Dixon, Nic Sanders, Jill Lorimer and more.
The IPM Diploma syllabus has recently been fully updated by industry experts to ensure we continue to be the leading provider of quality qualifications in Brand Activation specialisms such as Shopper, Experiential and Partnership Marketing. #ProudToBeIPMQualified
The IPM Diploma is considered by the industry itself to be the best possible grounding for those responsible for running brand activations of any sort.
Candidates will complete a series of three units, each with
their own assignment and the IPM's Legal Code Certification (LCC) over a nine month period. The qualification has three regular submission points to ensure you're staying on top of your learning, giving you the opportunity to receive feedback
along the way to learn and improve for future unit submissions.
*For candidates based outside the UK, or those looking to run international campaigns, the IPM also offers an International IPM Diploma. Please contact us directly
for more details of this particular qualification.
The IPM Diploma provides you with a thorough and robust understanding of all things Promotional Marketing and the specialisms within. It's a qualification that we're proud to say is industry recognised.
It is the aim of
the Diploma to increase standards of professionalism in the industry and provide a benchmark for employers.
The IPM Diploma will give you the knowledge necessary to:
Who’s it for?
- Appreciate the role of Promotions in Integrated Marketing Communications
- Ensure you are approaching briefs with the right strategy
- Plan, instigate and manage effective Promotional Marketing concepts with confidence.
- Effectively brief and co-ordinate the various elements and suppliers involved in Promotional Marketing campaigns.
- Understand the importance of Account Management and Negotiation Skills and how to utilise these to get the absolute best out of the work you do.
The IPM Diploma is designed for agency and brand personnel involved in devising, developing and running activation campaigns.
You should have at least two years’ experience in the industry.
Unit 1 Training Days
Unit 1 Deadline
Unit 2 Training Day reminders (tutors & candidates)
Unit 2 Training Days
Recieve Unit 1 Feedback
Unit 1 Feedback sent out
Unit 2 Deadline
Unit 3 Training Day
reminders (tutors & candidates)
Unit 3 Training Day
Recieve Unit 2 Feedback
Send out Unit 2 Feedback
Unit 3 Deadline
Recieve Unit 3 Feedback
Final results sent out
22/23 October 2020
10 December 2020
6 January 2021
20/21 January 2021
8 February 2021
11 February 2021
12 March 2021
22 March 2021
1 April 2021
3 May 2021
6 May 2021
3 June 2021
26 AUgust 2021
*Dates highlighted in blue are Training Days; you'll need to be available to attend a series of lectures and workshops on these days. The sessions will take place in Central London.
The IPM Diploma is now split into three core units, each unit has a number of modules. Please see breakdown below.
Candidates complete an assignment for each unit as well as the IPM Legal Code Certification (LCC).
The Role of Promotions within Marketing Strategy
- Understanding Integrated Campaign Planning
- Strategic Thinking & Evaluation to Deliver Commercial Goals
- Understanding Objectives
- Understanding the Consumer using Insight
- Understanding Audiences, Their Buying Behaviour & Channels
Activation Techniques, Campaign Implementation & Compliance Considerations
- Brand Activation Techniques
- Digital Channels & Mechanics
- Experiential Marketing
- Shopper Marketing
- Partnership Marketing
- Legal Code Certification (LCC)
Account Management, Creativity & Responding to a Client Set Brief
- Account Management
- Creativity – Importance Of and Evaluation
- Operational & Risk Management
- Understanding a Brief and How to Respond
As well as all your course notes you'll have the following included in your studies for the IPM Diploma;
- An increase in face-to-face days: We now have five supporting days full of lectures and workshops with industry experts to ensure you've really got a grasp of the content and that you'll be ready to complete your assignments with confidence.
These will take place in Central London.
- Support from the IPM: We have a pool of industry expert tutors, markers and mentors who are here to give you a hand during your studies. This of course is not forgetting the IPM Education Team who'll be your first point of contact for any
queries you have.
- Exclusive case studies: As well as all your course notes, you'll have access to exclusive IPM Award winning case studies to help you visualise your learnings with the use of real-life examples.
- Online Learning: All your course materials are fully accessible online through our exclusive e-learning platform.
Rachelle is passionate about understanding shoppers and sharing her knowledge and enthusiasm to develop others. An experienced shopper and category marketeer who has developed shopper and category growth strategies for global retailers and brands, she combines category and brand thinking with retailer, supplier and agency experience. Rachelle runs her own business providing category development and shopper marketing expertise and training to clients across brand, retailer and agency sectors.
Abby is the founder of 'Labyrinth Marketing' consultancy, Course Director, Chartered Marketer and Fellow at CIM. She has a keen strategic eye, structured logical mind and is renowned by her clients for her ability to identify brand growth opportunities and issues, providing solutions to deliver commercial success.
To book a course, or if you have any questions or queries, please contact the Learning Team on 020 3848 0444 or at Training@theipm.org.uk
Jill has a wealth of experience in client management and development. She is passionate about what she does and believes absolutely that the right combination of skill, enthusiasum and effort deliverys. She's run successful businesses and worked with client businesses to improve their performance and results.
Enrolment - Member Price - £1,250.00 + VAT
Register your interest
Enrolment - Non-Member Price - £1,750.00 + VAT